Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My chat with Verizon


Chat Subject:FiOS TV Product Availability


Your Question:I do not receive Fox Soccer (channel 84) in my plan. Is there any way that I can receive it without changing my plan? What is the cost to subscribe to that channel?


A Verizon eCenter Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.


12:39:59 We apologize for the delay.You are next in the queue. A representative will be with you shortly.


Agent Marilyn has joined.



Marilyn : Chat ID for this session is 02121382008.




Marilyn: Hello. Thank you for choosing Verizon and visiting our chat service. I will be happy to help you today.


For quality & security purposes, your session is recorded and may be monitored or reviewed. Please do not provide sensitive information such as social security, bank account or credit card numbers. May we view your account information, including the services you subscribe to, so that we may assist you during this chat with respect to available Verizon products and services? You may deny us permission, which will have no effect on your current services. Under federal law, it is your right and our duty to protect your account information.


May I have permission to review your account?


tom: yes


Marilyn: Can you verify your account number?


tom: I don't have a bill handy. My home phone is 9xx-xxx-xxxx


Marilyn: Can you verify your can be reached number or the amount of your last payment?


tom: I can be reached at 9xx xxx-xxxx - I can look up my last payment


Marilyn: What is the your other contact number please?


tom: My last payment to Verizon was 95.11


Marilyn: That is associated with your account.


tom: other contact # 9-- xxx-xxxx


Marilyn: This is correct.


tom: My question is what is the cost of Fox Soccer - not Fox Soccer Plus, but channel 84, which used to be part of the basic package of FIOS tv channels.


Marilyn: One moment while I check for you.


Marilyn: Thank you for continuing to hold. I am still working on your request and I will be back with you in a few moments.


tom: ok, i'm still here


Marilyn(12:40:14): Thank you for your patience. I am still working on your request and will be back with you shortly.


tom(12:40:36): yes


Marilyn(12:42:06): I am sorry to keep you waiting. I am still working on your request and will be back with you shortly.


Marilyn(12:43:11): I show that you would have to upgrade your TV package.


Marilyn(12:43:37): You now have Prime TV, you can upgrade to Extreme TV.


tom(12:44:10): Yes,but I don't wish to do that. I simply wish to subscribe to that channel.


tom(12:44:47): When I go to that channel, it offers me the opportunity to subscribe, but doesn't say what it will cost.


Marilyn(12:45:17): I apologize for any inconvenience.


Marilyn(12:45:47): You can also add the Sports package for $11.99 per month.


tom(12:46:53): In other words, you are saying that I can't subscribe to this one channel, although it seems to offer me that option. I must upgrade to something else, which I don't want, which will cost me another > $100 a year. This is what you are saying?


Marilyn(12:47:38): I can understand your frustration.


Marilyn(12:47:38): Thank you for your patience. I am checking on your question for you.

Marilyn(12:49:18): Thank you for continuing to hold. I am still working on your request and I will be back with you in a few moments.

Marilyn(12:51:04): I apologize again for any inconvenience.

Marilyn(12:51:29): You can also upgrade your bundle package.

Marilyn(12:52:24): By paying $15.00 more per month.


tom(12:53:20): You are saying I only have options of paying a lot of money, instead of what I want, which is to pay a small amount of money for one station. I do not watch any of your channels. I basically don't watch TV at all, except for very focused, limited items. You are telling me that my only option is to pay you in excess of $100 per year to see the one little thing I wish to see. Yes or no?


Marilyn(12:56:10): This is correct.

Marilyn(12:56:36): Unfortunately, you will have to pay to upgrade your service or add the sports channel.


tom(12:58:00): Agent Marilyn, it's not your fault. Please do not apologize or tell me that you understand. This is about a giant corporation dealing out packages to suit itself, not its customers. This is the way big business works. I am very sorry that I ever added FIOS to my services.


Marilyn(12:59:51): Do you have any further questions I can assist you with today?


tom(13:01:45): Not for you. Please feel free to share my view of your services with your marketing people. Verizon is as bad as Comcast. I won't be a customer for very long.



Marilyn(13:03:26): Thank you for choosing Verizon, we appreciate your business. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.


Your session is now closed.

Thank you, have a nice day.


Live Chat Transcript
It was a pleasure to assist you. Your chat session has ended. Thank You.

Your chat ID number is 02121382008.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home