Monday, February 22, 2010

Found

Someone found Manno Charlemagne - hunted man, former mayor of Port-au-Prince, orphic ghost, a real voice. I heard his voice once, 15 years ago, and his name went on the fridge door - the only name there - to not forget.

Some songs here. Listen to Lafimen, Gran Rivye, Yo gen Pouvwa Yo Gen Lajan, Dokte Zizizen, Vese San - and while this may be a leap, this is the deal: The United States is governed by suits who got their Subprime Alt-A Credentials either from TV, or from our Matchbox Professoriat, Purveyors of Negative Amortized Horseshit in all Media, sans taste, history, or sense. The people feed hungrily on their steaming piles, and are not fed. Might have something to do with why this man is where he is today.














For Haiti, see Klein and recently passim. And Roger, passim.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AKMA said...

I was trying to use up some of my Amazon.com credit on the album, but I can’t pay dollars and download in the UK. And I can’t use my $ credit at the UK store....

Oh, well, paying sterling.

2/23/2010 4:03 PM  
Blogger Tom Matrullo said...

There's no straight, open network that management won't encurl. I downloaded both. If I were to choose, I'd go with La Fiman. But there's more to this guy than in either. Still looking.

2/23/2010 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home